Lolita Blog Carnival: Three Lolita Trends I Could Never Get Into

I'm trying to get back into the blogging swing of things, so these LBCs are really motivating me to post more, even if, for the time being, it is only once a week! They're also reminding me that it's OK to write more frivolous topics, as I'm sure you've noticed, most have my posts have been a little on the excessively long side lately!

This week's Lolita Blog Carnival asks about three trends you could never get into. Lolita has it's fair share of trends, some come to stick around, and some are over and done with real fast! Trends are great when they happen to line up with a style or a look you like already, but not so great when they don't but every insists that you've totally got to try it too!

 Extreme Eye Makeup
This always looks fantastic in pictures, it gives the perfect great big dolly eyes! But it was just something I could never do myself. I'm no good at putting in contact lenses, I have a hard time not feeling incredibly conscious of any fake eyelashes I am wearing, and I just don't get how to draw my lower lash line so low without looking weird. To top it all off, I wear glasses, so it would all be useless for me to do anyways! I love the look, but it seems like it was specifically designed just to frustrate me the most!

Taking Pictures of Your Outfits
Documenting your every outfit is not so much a fashion trend, but really more of a trend within the community. It's also something I just could never get into! Maybe it's because the only full length mirror I have is in my bedroom, which has terrible lighting and is always a clutter, or maybe it's just because I wear Lolita on a near-daily basis that I just don't really feel like it's a special occasion that needs documenting. I always tell myself that I'm going to try to take more pictures of myself in Lolita, but it's just something I will do for a day or two and then completely lose interest in.


Border Prints
Don't get me wrong, I love custom prints that Lolita brands release, and I appreciate the art of brand's border prints, but I just don't usually want to wear them. I have had a number of them in my wardrobe in the past, and I've ended up selling most of them because I just never liked wearing them so much. The one exception to my general disinterest to border prints is screen printed border prints. Those I just can't get enough of! Personally, I just feel like a lot of border prints are too busy for me, and I prefer the simplicity of screen printed border designs, or the more classic look of an all-over print.

Just like last week, I'm not the only one blogging about this topic! Check out these other blogs participating in this week's LBC! I'll be adding more as they are updated, and please keep in mind that if a link isn't currently bringing you to a live page, it just means it's queued up to be posted later!


Check them out to see what other Lolita trends people couldn't really see themselves getting into! If you want to know more about the Lolita Blog Carnival, check out the post about it last week, or check out our facebook page!

12 comments:

  1. I agree about the eye makeup - and I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't seem to be able to put a lense on her eye or who is extremely self-conscious wearing false eyelashes. I have tried it several times and always felt very uneasy, not to mention I could never draw it so I would look prettier with the makeup than without it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I tried contact lenses before and I just never could get the hang of them! It would take me 10 minutes just to get one in!

      Delete
    2. Yep, tell me about it! I actually never managed to get in even one - my admiration for your partial success:-)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this entry! I really enjoyed reading it and I think this is a good idea, since the peer pressure in lolita can be quite strong. It strengthens the confidence to know that there are other lolitas, who think the same way about certain trends in this fashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! And I totally agree, a lot of times people get wrapped up in what they need to do to "be lolita" that they sometimes forget that not everyone does exactly the same thing, or even feels the need to.

      Delete
  3. I only have a huuuuge problem with eyelashes. I've struggled a bit with eye lenses but now I know how to manage them, but eyelashes... It never look nice on me, I prefer to put some mascara instead!

    I do also the same with my outfit, I barely take pictures of them >_<
    Bad light, weird poses, and so on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've got some good mascara so I feel that I don't really even need to bother with fake lashes. My mascara suits my own personal look, and I'd really only ever done fake eyelashes if it was a special event or something. Definitely not part of my everyday wardrobe!

      Delete
  4. I never seem to take pictures of my outfits. And when I do, I'm never pleased with them. I can't put on eye make-up, because the minute I take my glasses off, I can't see. Everything is a blurr!
    You can imagine what I would look like. *lol* Many of the border prints are very young looking for me (bunnies, puppies, candy, toys...). Although they are fun to look at. There is only one border print that I am getting because I am so hopelessly in love with it. Baby's Unico in Bloomland, in navy. I tend to stay with solids or something all over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally with you on the eye makeup! I occasionally wear fake lashes, but I tend to go for more understated ones. I have a terrible time with contacts and lower lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get out of my brain. I'm with you on all counts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree on the make-up thing! To me, it just tends to make your eyes look droopy instead of bigger :/ And fake eyelashes are such a pain to put on.. I don't bother. I get them all tangled up with the glue.
    And yes, when you wear lolita everyday, pictures just start to seem pointless XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. eye makeup!!! Some of the girls I find so pretty do it, and without the eyes they look pretty normal but in these photos they look so beautiful. It makes me feel more human seeing them naturally tho, knowing it's mostly makeup wonders!

    I get like that with false-eyelashes too! that and lipstick, I get really paranoid! Lenses too, effort.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...