Starting a Lolita Inspiration Journal

A couple weeks ago, while digging around in my crawlspace, I found a composition book I kept through all of high school filled with lots of fashion magazine clippings and clothes doodles. I had a blast going through it and looking at my awful tastes in clothes, and I got the idea to start a new notebook full of my current awful fashion obsession, Lolita.

So I grabbed myself an empty moleskin notebook, which is kind of the grown up and hipper version of the composition book, and went to town! So far, because I have no intention of cutting apart my Gothic Lolita Bibles, the book has been more of a sketchbook/waah-waah-I-want diary, but if my printer had any ink in it I would be printing out some of my favorite fashion spreads and gluing them in there. I've found this to be an awesome way of venting about Lolita, somewhere were I don't have to worry about annoying my friends with my Vampire Requiem woes or ramblings about my love of stripes.

I have only yet begun to fill up this notebook, but I'm filled with ideas of what I want to put in it! If you've got a blank notebook, you might want to try starting your own inspiration journal along with me. Some thoughts on what I plan on filling my book up with include:
  • Ramblings and rantings about clothes I don't feel like boring my friends list with
  • Lots of doodles of my dream outfits
  • Listy meme type things
  • Print outs of brand ads and fashion spreads
  • Print outs of coordinates I've made on Polyvore
  • Hand copy any useful tutorials found online
  • Clip outs from mainstream western fashion magazines that I think have a Lolita feel to them
  • Somewhere to put those stickers that come in the Bibles that's not my DS
  • Ideas for jewelery and other Lolita crafts
  • Fabric swatches from my hoard and what I one day plan on doing with it
Once I beef up the contents of this little notebook, I'll start posting some pictures of what's inside! As a side note, the picture up at the top is a stack of a few of the handbound books I've made, I had considered using one of them for my journal, but I can't bear to write in them. I just really like making them and leaving them blank I guess XD

5 comments:

  1. such a great idea! I'd love to do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book with yellowed pages looks very tempting to fill with ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I've got a book like this. Actually I'm on my second! I like to print out my favourite brand stock pics as those little 'wallet prints' and stick them in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to do something like this too! :O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you could sell the extra notebooks for some extra dress money? :) Or give them to your friends as a gift? Great idea though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...